Monday, March 27, 2017

What is the next level?

I just saw a radio promotor in LA put out the worst line everyday in his email inbox. So much of it is things that I have written here. I guess it’s all over the world. Some of the topics I just wrote in Swedish so I guess I can take them up again.

One was: This email comes in almost daily. Always annoy's me.
"I am looking to take my music to the next level". Where is that exactly?

Same with me, I just hate when artists use that line. We are ready to go to the next level. If I got a dollar for every time I hear that I would be rich.

No there is no “next level”. The level rises in the way you work. There are no magical shortcuts or magical formulas. It’s all about your work.

And don’t measure that in levels. I have had many bands telling me that they won’t take smaller gigs just because they are not on that level. The worst ones has told me that they don’t do showcases if they are not guaranteed as much people the draw in their hometown.

These are the ones that never make it. And the line “next level” is just making you look like a amateur. So what to say? I’m looking for opportunity’s is the more correct team. Or I want to get a bigger more experienced team. That is more professional.

We know what you mean, we just hate the term.



No comments:

Post a Comment