Tuesday, June 14, 2016

DIY can it be done?

One my Artists got this letter.

Hey!

My name is P***** and I'm the Artist & Label Rep at *****Disttibution***. We are a digital music distributor and independent music services provider based out of USA.

First off, congratulations on all your recent success! I think it's so cool that you landed a gig recently at SXSW. It takes a lot of hard work and determination to grow your fan base like you have. We too are an independent company that has grown very organically, so we really appreciate seeing the same hard work in the scene. In fact, we'll be celebrating our 10 year anniversary in December. 

But I’d love to learn more about where you stand on the distribution front because we can assist in getting your music to retailers like: iTunes, Apple Music, Spotify, Shazam, Pandora, and the list goes on. If you already have distribution in place, I'd also like to extend our non-exclusive services to you guys, such as: Publishing Administration, Neighboring Rights, YouTube & Soundcloud Monetization, Sync Licensing, Piracy Protection, and even Graphic Design & Marketing services.

If there is any way I can personally help out, don’t hesitate to reach out. I would love to be able to support. 

Appreciate your time and look forward to linking up.
Cheers, 

Sounds ok, well maybe not. I will get more into things in my Video log under here. I also get something in the text here.
1, The compnay is not in the big citys of music, NYC, Los Angels, Nashville or Chicago. They are in a very small state.
2. Seeking out distribution on an artist that played on SXSW. Well, I guess if you played there you have distribution.
3.The extra stuff...well that is just a bad publishingdeal. Since they are not in the big areas and I never heard of the company the sync side will not be that good. Also there are several companies doing that pretty good that you can upload for yourself. I wonder what these Marketing services would be? Usually it's that they hire a pr company and take a cut between. Most of this you can get for free at your PRS without paying or give away procentage.

There is hunderds of these compnaies out there. And I don't think any of them has ever broken an artist.

Well it's what i'm discussing a bit in my Vlog today.


And here is the post i'm talking about in the clip
http://ihuvudetpaenar.blogspot.se/2016/06/switching-to-english-and-stupid-demos.html

No comments:

Post a Comment